Nearly one million Americans reside in assisted living communities, and the numbers are rising steadily. Why? Because of the many benefits of an assisted living facility for its residents. The advantages in terms of quality of life, health, and security are many. If you or someone you care about is considering moving to assisted living in Houston, TX, consider Buckner Parkway Place’s assisted living facility.
Contact our friendly and knowledgeable Buckner Parkway Place staff about the benefits of assisted living for seniors. We can answer your questions and set up a site visit so you can see for yourself what luxury assisted living offers. Reach out to Buckner Parkway Place today by using our online form or calling 833.539.1363.
Assisted Living FAQs
- What is assisted living? – Assisted living is community living in a supported environment that encourages independence while offering amenities and assistance as needed.
- How is assisted living different from a nursing home? – Whereas a skilled nursing facility, otherwise known as a nursing home, offers round-the-clock care for those who need medical support in a more hospital-like setting, assisted living promotes health and independence. Residents live in a home setting, whether in an apartment, suite, or room.
- Who chooses assisted living? – Seniors who choose assisted living value their autonomy but struggle with some aspects of independent living, from loneliness to daily tasks and everything in between.
Most people find there are numerous tangible and intangible benefits of assisted living for seniors.
Benefits of an Assisted Living Facility
If you or your aging parent or other loved one is still living at home, but things are getting a bit difficult as time goes by, consider the advantages of moving to assisted living.
Assisted living communities provide many benefits for their residents, such as:
- Less loneliness through social interaction – Community is fundamental to assisted living. Though each individual will choose at what level to become engaged, the risk of isolation and loneliness is very low amid the busy life of an assisted living residence.
- A healthy lifestyle – Access to balanced healthy meals helps support seniors’ immune systems and speeds up healing from injuries or surgery. Fresh air and exercise also provide a boost to the metabolism and improve strength and balance, reducing the risk of injuries.
- Fall prevention – Since falls are a top cause of ER visits among seniors, assisted living communities tend to be very thorough in their design and layout to minimize fall risks. Handrails, no-step showers, grab-bars in bathrooms, and easily accessible call buttons for calling help are some of the modifications you can expect.
- Reduced stress dealing with the chores of daily life – At a certain point in life, many people do not want to be tied to a schedule of grocery shopping, cleaning, bill-paying, and the many other tasks that are largely included one way or another in your assisted lifestyle.
- Access to professionals – The community within assisted living includes professional staff who are on-site 24/7. Though the level of care is not intrusive or constant, when there is a problem, there is a full support network able to address whatever it is. You may not want to bother your family with a slight pain or other worries, but you’ll feel comfortable mentioning it to one of the many staff you encounter every day in assisted living.
Explore More Benefits of an Assisted Living Facility with Buckner Parkway Place
If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of assisted living for seniors in Houston, reach out today. Our pet-friendly, luxury assisted living community offers many amenities and options for seniors with a range of needs and desires. Don’t wait. Call 833.539.1363 today or fill out our online form. We look forward to sharing the many benefits of assisted living for seniors at Buckner Parkway Place.