At Buckner Parkway Place, we believe that a team-based approach is best for the safety and well-being of our residents. Our team understands even the most dedicated caregivers need to take time for themselves so that they don’t exhaust themselves. That’s why we proudly provide Respite Care in Houston, TX, so that those who are dedicated to the health and safety of others are maintaining their well-being too. If you’re interested in learning more about how our senior Respite Care, including breaks for caregivers, can be beneficial for you, reach out to our Buckner Parkway Place team today by calling 833.539.1363 or completing our online contact form. We could explain all of our senior living options.
What Is Respite Care?
When people care for seniors, it is a commitment that can quickly become overwhelming. Unfortunately, such a demanding occupation often leads to burnout, which causes high turnover for caregivers. Basically, Respite Care provides breaks for caregivers so that they can step away, get some well-deserved rest, and then return to work ready to resume the essential role of monitoring the health and wellness of seniors.
What Are the Benefits of Respite Care?
Respite Care not only positively impacts seniors, but it benefits the people who ensure the care and safety of older folks.
For example, some of the benefits of Respite Care for caregivers include:
- Time to focus on their own mental and physical health
- Not feeling guilty about temporarily stepping away
- Solidifying the concept that taking time off is necessary for caregivers
- Senior care is covered when caregivers are facing health challenges such as surgery
When caregivers take time for themselves, they return rested, relaxed, and ready to provide the best care possible for seniors.
Seniors also benefit from Respite Care in many ways, such as:
- Scheduled medical care and meals remain on time
- Activities and programs continue uninterrupted
- Monitored activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Temporary accommodations for seniors
What Other Programs Are Available?
Our comprehensive approach to senior care includes an array of programs and services so that all of our residents’ needs are met. The key to excellent senior care is personlized plans that ensure that each resident receive the exact level of care they require.
In addition to Respite Care and short-term senior care, our Buckner Parkway Place team offers programs and services including:
- Independent living – Independent living at Parkway Place lets you enjoy life on your own terms. This care option allows living active residents to create a lifestyle that fits their goals by choosing everything from lifestyle and culinary programs to floor plans of their residences.
- Assisted living – Our assisted living program is designed specifically for seniors who require assistance with daily activities but still want to keep their independent lifestyle. Our home-like environment encourages seniors to maintain their dignity and freedom even as medical circumstances change.
- Memory care – The Harbor memory care services at Buckner Parkway Place prioritize the dignity and self-respect of each resident. This unique memory care community offers senior adults with Alzheimer’s or dementia the opportunity to live an active life through innovative care in a home-like setting.
- Long-term care and rehabilitation – Our on-site skilled nursing facility, The Haven, creates a hospitable environment of person-centered care with the utmost dignity. When you’re looking for a long-term skilled nursing arrangement, The Haven provides compassionate care for all residents.
Find Relief with Respite Care at Buckner Parkway Place
At Buckner Parkway Place, our team understands that caring for seniors is a commitment that takes patience and tenacity. So, we offer Respite Care so that valued caregivers can take time away from their responsibilities without worrying about the well-being of their seniors. Find out more about our Respite Care in Houston, TX, today by filling out our online form or calling 833.539.1363.
A LONG-TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN HELPS RESIDENTS OF A NURSING FACILITY AND RESIDENTS OF A SENIOR ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY RESOLVE ISSUES.
Help provided by an ombudsman is confidential and free of charge. To speak with an ombudsman, a person may call the toll-free number 1-800-252-2412.