As people age, driving around town usually becomes more difficult. As a result, finding reliable transportation to doctor’s appointments, trips to the grocery store, or religious ceremonies can hold seniors back from what they want to do. At Buckner Parkway Place in Houston, TX, Transportation in Senior Living is only one of the many programs and services that we provide for our residents. Our transportation for seniors gives our residents the freedom to travel where they want without worrying about driving. If you’re interested in learning more about how our Buckner Parkway Place team handles Transportation in Senior Living, contact us today by calling 833.539.1363 or filling out our online contact form.
Why Is Transportation
in Senior Living Needed?
The unfortunate truth is that our reflexes and eyesight slowly decline as we age. That means that getting behind the wheel can become more difficult for some seniors. Also, people with memory problems such as Alzheimer’s disease or dementia can present a danger to themselves or other motorists. When seniors aren’t able to drive anymore, they feel less independent, which can have a detrimental effect on their mental health.
What Are Some Benefits of Transportation for Seniors?
Our Buckner Parkway Place team provides transportation services for all of our residents so that they can still keep an active lifestyle. There are many benefits of Transportation in Senior Living for our residents, such as:
- Reliable transportation services without relying on family or friends
- Confidence that you’ll be able to get to appointments or run errands when needed
- Having help available when you need it
- Exceptional service from our courteous team of drivers
- Getting exceptional respect and service from our team of drivers
Additional Services at Buckner Parkway Place
In addition to transportation, our team provides many other services for our residents as well. Buckner Parkway Place offers residents several opportunities to get involved, meet their neighbors, and make a difference. There is something for everyone, from personalized health and fitness to spiritual and emotional wellness, social and creative programs, and much more. Each of our programs is designed and organized by our full-time, professional staff, comprised of a lifestyles coordinator and chaplain, as well as health, fitness, and culinary professionals. Also, to ensure we’re creating a community that fits your needs, there are several resident-led associations and committees you can join that provide input to our leadership team.
Additional services we offer our residents, such as:
Our Buckner Core Principles
At Parkway Place, everything we offer has to fulfill at least one of our Buckner Core Principles, which are:
- Service – Our team enjoys helping our residents, making them smile, and putting them at ease. We are always available to help seniors in our community.
- Security – We regularly practice and evaluate all of our security plans to ensure we’re prepared for any medical emergency or natural disaster.
- Independence – We evaluate each of our programs, services, and activities based on how they promote independence among our residents.
- Purpose – There’s never been a better time than right now to pursue your long-term interests and experience something new as part of the Parkway Place community lifestyle.
- Connections – When you live in an active and social community like Parkway Place, where you’re surrounded by neighbors who enjoy life, new friends are just waiting to be met.
Find Out More About Transportation in Senior Living at Buckner Parkway Place
Transportation in retirement communities is a necessary service for seniors who want to maintain a busy schedule without having to drive. At Buckner Parkway Place in Houston, TX, we want our residents to enjoy an active lifestyle, so we proudly provide Transportation in Senior Living as one of our many programs and services. If you or a loved one might benefit from transportation for seniors, reach out to our Buckner Parkway Place team today at 833.539.1363 or complete our online form.