TAKE A LOOK AT OUR FLOOR PLANS
What is assisted living for seniors?
Assisted living refers to the term given to a wide variety of housing, wellness, and lifestyle options for senior citizens that are specially designed and cultivated to the challenges of aging. There are different levels of care suitable for active and mobile seniors as well as those struggling with health and mobility issues or illness.
The levels of care in assisted living are:
- Level 1 – This low level of care is perfect for seniors who are still active and more or less independent but still need some help with daily living functions like home maintenance, reminders to care for themselves, help driving to and from appointments, medication management, housekeeping, or meal preparation.
- Level 2 – This moderate or middle-ground level care is suitable for seniors who may be able to live independently but need more help with things like bathing or dressing, eating, medication management, or housekeeping.
- Level 3 – The highest level of care is for seniors who need a lot of help with daily living activities and require round-the-clock support from caregivers, such as individuals with declining health or mobility issues who are not yet suited for memory care.
It can be difficult and emotional to make the decision to move a loved one into senior assisted living, but Parkway Place will always have their health, safety, and wellness in mind. We aim to provide the assistance you need exactly how you need it.
ASSISTED LIVING SERVICES AND AMENITIES
Our assisted living staff provides unique personalized care for each resident, setting them up to live full and rich lives. Residents at The Heights have access to state-of-the-art Assisted Living services and amenities, including:
- Private studio apartments – Our studio apartments provide the perfect environment for Assisted Living with amenities such as cable television, three daily meals prepared by culinary professionals, housekeeping, and laundry services as needed. Also, our team performs apartment maintenance and repair, so our residents don’t have to worry about it. Each apartment has individually-controlled heating and cooling units so our residents can relax in whatever temperature suits them.
- Medical services – Assisted Living at Buckner Parkway Place includes medical services, such as assistance from a certified nursing assistant, medication management, and nursing services provided by a licensed vocational nurse. We also offer adjustable levels of care to fit the needs of our residents, from short-term care to respite stays. Also, our Dakim computer therapy for brain fitness is an effective tool for memory care. If needed, we have a social worker and chaplain on staff as well.
- Further amenities – In addition to our outdoor gazebo and walking paths, we provide other amenities such as a home-like community dining room, family rooms, community activity areas, and an in-house beauty salon and barbershop.
Parkway Place offers anything you may need on a 24/7 basis, including access to medical staff and round-the-clock support.
Assisted Living Care Plans
Parkway Place senior assisted living offers three distinct levels of care, each provided with expertise and empathy. These levels of care include:
- Plan one – Resident receives help with basic needs, such as medication administration, in the most independent environment possible.
- Plan two – Resident receives a minimal level of personal care services, such as assistance with bathing or dressing.
- Plan three – Resident receives a higher, more frequent level of personal care services while still maintaining independence.
Parkway Place also offers respite care, long-term skilled nursing care, and memory care services. Reach out to learn more about our senior care services.
the benefits of assisted living
choose parkway place for assisted living in houston, tx
Assisted Living provides comprehensive care for seniors so that they can enjoy a high quality of life. Our team treats all of our residents as though they are extended family members because, in a sense, they are. Find out more about how our programs and services provide the ideal setting for Assisted Living in Houston, TX, by speaking with one of our friendly admissions specialists at 281.305.1846 or filling out our online contact form.
A LONG-TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN HELPS RESIDENTS OF A NURSING FACILITY AND RESIDENTS OF A SENIOR ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY RESOLVE ISSUES.
Help provided by an ombudsman is confidential and free of charge. To speak with an ombudsman, a person may call the toll-free number 1-800-252-2412.