Long-term skilled nursing care provides a number of services and quality medical care for seniors who need full-time care and support. The advantages of senior nursing care range cannot be understated. At Parkway Place in Houston, Texas, we welcome senior adults who need additional care to live a healthy and fulfilling retirement. Our center gives seniors a long list of senior care services, from independent living and memory care services to short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing care. Programs are tailored to each senior’s needs and can adapt as their health changes. If you would like to discuss our skilled nursing care benefits and how they can support you or your parent’s well-being, call 281.305.1846 today to schedule a tour. We would love to show you or a loved one how long-term skilled nursing care benefits the seniors in our care.
What Is Skilled Nursing Care?
As we age, our bodies begin to operate at a slower level. It takes longer to heal and recover, and it can make life very difficult for seniors living alone. A skilled nursing care program delivers essential medical services from trained nurses and therapeutic staff in a secure and comfortable setting.
Skilled nursing care covers a wide range of medical and personal services for seniors who can benefit from full-time, professional care. Some of the typical care services that long-term skilled nursing care provides include:
- Wound care
- Intravenous (IV) therapy
- Catheter care
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Managing medications
- Assistance with daily living needs
- Socializing opportunities
- Nutritional support
These services and more are critical for helping seniors manage their health conditions and maintain a high quality of life. Skilled nursing care teams also work closely with doctors to ensure that each resident receives the best possible medical treatment.
Who Qualifies for Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care?
Seniors who live alone and struggle to keep up with daily chores or are unable to properly care for themselves can benefit from long-term skilled nursing care. Other reasons that point to needing full-time care include:
- Recommendations from doctors or therapeutic staff
- They are not eating healthy meals
- They experience a sudden change in their health
- They are misusing or forgetting to take necessary medications
A senior living community that provides long-term skilled nursing care includes a number of other personal benefits to enhance senior living. Depending on the center’s available services, seniors can have access to on-site beauty and hair salons, personal wellness plans, local transportation services, and much more.
Parkway Place is a full-service senior living community that comes with a number of skilled nursing care benefits. In addition to our individualized care programs, we also provide religious services, nutritious meal plans, and plenty of daily, life-enriching activities. We do everything we can so you can make the most out of your golden years.
Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care Benefits
There are plenty of benefits of long-term skilled nursing care that you can experience after moving into a senior living community. Some of the long-term skilled nursing care benefits include:
- A secure location with social events and on-site medical and therapeutic services so seniors don’t have to leave the community to get the care they need
- 24-hour on-call services for medical emergencies
- Healthy meal plans and snacks that can take into account medical or dietary restrictions
- Assistance with bathing, grooming, and other daily care needs
- Medication management so you don’t have to worry about refilling prescriptions or getting the correct dosage
- Socializing opportunities with other seniors in the community
- Planned daily activities to give seniors a fulfilling retirement
- Private rooms
- Housekeeping and laundry services
A long-term skilled nursing care program can greatly improve seniors’ well-being and quality of life as they age. Plus, it gives families peace of mind knowing their parents or elderly loved ones are well cared for and getting quality medical attention.
Call Parkway Place’s Long-Term Skilled Nursing Care Center
Parkway Place welcomes seniors who are at that point where they need 24/7 support to make the most out of their retirement. As you take a tour of our community, we will go over the advantages of senior nursing care and talk about your personal care needs. Our programs are fluid and can change to meet your needs without having to find a new home.