We understand there is concern as the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) evolves. At Buckner Retirement Services, the health and well-being of residents and staff is our number one priority. We continue to assess and respond to new information as it becomes available. We are following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, and State Departments’ of Health to keep our communities safe. We will continue to respond to this situation as it develops, and we will keep you informed as our Buckner Retirement Services COVID-19 policy changes. Please feel free to contact our Buckner Parkway Place team today with any questions about our COVID-19 policy by filling out our online form or calling 833.539.1363.
Buckner Retirement Services COVID-19 Updates
Unfortunately, we continue to see an increase in positive cases for COVID-19 across Texas and within our communities. Many local hospitals are completely full and turning away
people. Because of this, our Buckner Parkway Place team urges everyone to stay vigilant when it comes to health and safety best practices, as well as being self-aware for possible symptoms.
Many of the current positive cases we are seeing due to the Delta variant are preceded
by GI symptoms. The CDC also warns of a wide range of symptoms, including:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
You can find additional symptoms online at CDC.gov. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please isolate yourself in your apartment and contact your physician for their guidance. If you test positive, please alert our associates.
Buckner Retirement Services Coronavirus Precautions
As part of our Buckner Retirement Services COVID-19 policy, you can also help mitigate the risk of infection or unknowingly transmitting it to others by following the best practices regardless of vaccination status. Some of the precautions that you can take include:
- Wear masks in indoor common areas will greatly help reduce the spread of any germs and viruses.
- Masks are still required for associates and guests.
Wear masks in enclosed spaces, especially on the bus.
- Practice social distancing when possible while participating in activities and in common areas.
- Practice social distancing in the dining rooms and limit the number of people at a table.
- Wash your hands and use hand sanitizer often.
- Isolate in your room if you have been knowingly exposed to a COVID-positive person.
- Isolate in your room if you are experiencing any symptoms, such as a fever of 99.6 or greater, cough, shortness of breath, and fatigue. Also, alert your physician if you have these symptoms.
- Limit guests to your apartment as much as possible. If you and your guests want to dine together during their visit, consider bringing to-go meals back to your apartment.
Again, these are all tried and true safety factors and suggestions based on CDC recommendations that will help limit potential exposure and the chances for breakthrough cases of the Delta variant.
Keep Up with the Latest Changes to Our Buckner Retirement Services COVID-19 Policy
At Buckner Parkway Place, the safety of our residents is always our top priority. As the disease continues across Texas, we will ensure that all seniors in our community are up-to-date with Buckner Retirement Services Coronavirus precautions. It is our responsibility to do everything we can to keep our residents safe and healthy, and that includes being transparent about changes to our Buckner Retirement Services COVID-19 Policy. If you have any questions about how we are handling COVID-19, reach out to our team today at 833.539.1363 or complete our online form.